Monday, March 10, 2008

IT'S ALL IN THE SETTING IN MY BOOK!!



IT’S ALL IN THE SETTING OF THE BOOK!!
A Prescription for Love - Leeanne Marie Stephenson
Why did you pick the setting you used in your story? I'm not looking for -- "because I live there". I want you to dig deep and tell usWhy you chose that particular setting?

I chose Michigan and the community I worked in as a Registered Nurse. I take the reader on a journey back into the 1970's at Blodgett Hospital where I began my own career as a nurse. All the places in Michigan that I write about, I have visited, so I have a first hand knowledge of their beauty and significance!

What does the setting add to the story?

Since my story is a medical romance, it depicts the heart of the medical community in Michigan. it also takes the reader into a world of wealth and prestige in the varios wealthy areas of Michigan.

Could you write the same story in a different setting?

I could write the story in another hospital setting.Why or why couldn't you use a different setting?A different setting would be difficult, because the personlity of the setting wouldn't come through since I never experienced the setting myself. In particular, Michigan's Mackinac Island is such a glamorous romantic setting, it couldn't possibly be repaced in my story!

Did you use a real place as a basis for your setting?

Every place I wrote about existed back in the 1970's, and I have been to all these places.

Is there anything else about your setting that we need to know? Feel free to share.

This romantic journey highlights Grand Rapids, East Grand Rapids and the beautiful historical Mackinac Island of Michigan. The details of the setting make you feel as though you are right there with the characters. You willparticularly fall in love with the romantic Mackinac Isalnd! It's a love story in a setting you don't want to miss!

Please provide your website link.


What is the link to buy your book?


A PRESCRIPTION FOR LOVE BY LEEANNE MARIE STEPHENSON

No comments: