Saturday, July 12, 2008

MY INTERVIEW FOR MY BOOK, "A PRESCRIPTION FOR LOVE" FROM ALL THESE BOOKS


[u][b]About Me[/b][/u]
BIOGRAPHY OF LEEANNE MARIE STEPHENSON
RN and Author of
“A PRESCRIPTION FOR LOVE”

My introduction into the world of medical professionals started at the age of six. I was diagnosed with “brittle diabetes”, and spent the majority of my childhood in the hospital. Doctors, nurses, and nutritionists impressed me with their patience, sensitivity and positive can do attitudes. They taught me how to balance my food intake and insulin injections so I could lead a “somewhat” normal life. The professionalism these people displayed made me realize that I wanted to be part of this care giving community. Therefore, I became a Registered Nurse. After graduating with honors from Mercy Central School of Nursing, (Grand Rapids, MI), I secured a position as a Registered Nurse at Blodgett Hospital, (Grand Rapids, MI). Over the next ten years, I married my high school sweetheart and started a family. Periodically I changed jobs to meet the demands of parenthood and family life.
Then my life took a dramatic turn as I was diagnosed with kidney failure due to my diabetes. The prognosis was less than promising. As my physical condition deteriorated, I was forced to give up my career as a nurse. Fatigue and weakness encompassed my entire world as I underwent dialysis treatments. Once again, I was on the receiving end of medical care. Desperate and determined to still be part of this wonderful profession, I started writing a romance novel based on the experiences I had encountered as a nurse. When the days that lie ahead of me seemed impossible to face, I did not allow my tears to compromise my strength. Instead of giving up, during the darkest time in my life, I drew on the love that surrounded me from my wonderful husband and family to write this loving story. When I wrote, I was released from my physical problems and taken back into the world of nursing, which I loved so much. Romantic stories can always release us from the problems of real life. They send us into a fantasy world where our imaginations can soar. I strove to take my readers and myself into that world. Thus was born my book, “A PRESCRIPTION FOR LOVE”.
This book is so very special because it represents the strong love I had surrounding me, and what I could accomplish because of it, during the lowest point in my life.
The one driving force in my life was to be there for my family, especially my precious children. I had to continue and be a strong role model for them. I demonstrated to them that when adversity is overwhelming, you still have to endure. Getting ahead in a difficult situation requires an avid faith in oneself. I did just that by reaching deep inside myself and drawing on my core values of perseverance and unfaltering resolve to overcome the obstacles in my life and achieve one of my dreams!
After a year on dialysis, I was told I could have a kidney transplant. My wonderful brother stepped forward and gave me the gift of life. From that moment on, my whole world changed for the better and I eagerly embraced this second chance at life. When I felt well enough, I set about getting my romance story published, so I could be an inspirational example of what can be accomplished when life seems overwhelmingly hopeless! Unfortunately, I recently learned that my transplanted kidney is deteriorating. I hope and pray that I am able to showcase my story to others before my health gets too bad.

[i]Location:[/i]
MICHIGAN[i]Writing since:[/i]
1998[i]Influences:[/i]
My influences were my love of reading, my background as an RN, and the love of my husband![i]Background:[/i]
Graduated From Mercy Central School of Nursing in 1976. I have worked as an RN for Blodgett and ST. Mary’s Hospital, including Dr. Palmer as his private scrub nurse.[u][b]Author Comments[/b][/u]
“Nicole looked into Travis’s piercing blue eyes and gasped upon seeing the flames of passion and desire reflected in them. With a moan, Travis’s mouth came down possessively upon her soft yielding lips. She sighed and molded her body into his, letting go of her self-control.”
Do you desire a consuming, ridiculous, can’t live without you love? Then this is the story for you!!
Head Nurse, Nicole Danley RN, does not intend to permit herself to fall under Dr. Travis Anderson’s spell, but her job demands that she work closely with him on medical matters. She finds herself becoming extremely conscious of his virile appeal. Every time his gaze meets hers, Nicole’s heart turns over in response. A war of undeniable feelings rages inside her as she finds his constant nearness disturbing and exciting. Emotions run rampant in this raw passionate journey amidst a world of wealth, prestige, and privilege, interlaced with breath taking life and death hospital scenarios. This hard to put down read allows your fantasies to be indulged within this enticing, steamy, sensual romance!!

For more information and to purchase this book, go to:
http://www.lmstephenson.com/
ISBN# 1424165075

[u][b]Bibliography[/b][/u]

“A PRESCRIPTION FOR LOVE”
By
Leeanne Marie Stephenson
Publish America

Product Information:
Soft cover 6” by 9”
200 pp
Retail Price: $19.95
ISBN# 1-4241-6507-5

[u][b]Reviews[/b][/u]
Spell binding tale of romance, January 27, 2007
Reviewer:
Susan Hartman “RN”
"Nicole looked into Travis's piercing blue eyes and gasped upon seeing the depth of passion and desire reflected in them. With a moan, Travis's mouth came down possessively upon her soft yielding lips. She sighed and molded her body into his, letting go of her self control." This is just an example of the passion that exists between the two characters! Serious hospital scenarios, a world of wealth and prestige, and current relationships, shed doubts and uncertainties that send this gripping tale of romance into many intriguing twists and turns!!! I highly recommend reading this book. It is a compelling spell binding tale of romance!
document.write('2. Mitzi Berkhout - 2007-03-07 18:38:09
This is a well written book and is very entertaining. I like the fact that Michigan, Grand Rapids and surrounding area are in the book. It makes me proud to be from Michigan. The story line is very exciting; it will keep you guessing from start to finish.

Medical Romance Story HeidiTexas/ USA (3/24/2007)

A truly steamy story with many twists and turns! It is hard to put down!




17. Shelley - 2007-08-28 18:18:46
I saw your TV interview and thought it was awesome! You truly are an inspiring example of what can be accomplished when life seems overwhelmingly hopeleess! I’m definitelt purchasing your book. It sounds like a wonderful love story!

document.write('See all my reviews

A PRESCRIPTION FOR LOVE is a steamy, sensual romantic tale that takes the reader into the world of serious hospital scenarios with breath taking life and death situations. An intriguing world of wealth, prestige, and underhanded schemes lend the many twists and turns to this hard to put down read!


9. Mary - 2007-04-06 15:05:18
Your book is wonderful!! It is so romantic! It was very hard to put down. Thank you for a very good read!
[u][b]Q&A[/b][/u][b]1. What person or experience inspired you to become a writer?[/b]
Instead of giving up, during the darkest time in my life, I drew on the love that surrounded me from my wonderful husband and family to write this loving story. When I wrote, I was released from my physical problems and taken back into the world of nursing, which I loved so much. [b]2. How much of yourself and your beliefs/experiences do you put into your characters and stories?[/b]
A lot of the story was inspired by the great love I have with my husband. Also, I experienced many of the episodes described in the story. I have been to all the locations written about in, “A PRESCRIPTION FOR LOVE”.[b]3. If you could write one book that you knew everyone in the world would read, what would it be about?[/b]
I would chronicle how it is to live with a chronic illness and how one copes with it.[b]4. Who are some of your favorite authors?[/b]
Danielle Steele, Nora Roberts[b]5. What kind of books did you like as a child?[/b]
I loved “MY FRIEND FLICKA”, and the Nancy Drew books.[b]6. Of your books, which is your favorite and why?[/b]
“A PRESCRIPTION FOR LOVE” because it is such a compelling wonderful ove story and it involves the medical world which I so long to be a part of again.[b]7. Has being a recognized person had a positive or negative impact on your life?[/b]
It has all been positive. I have had book signings, press releases and television interviews![b][u]Links[/u][/b]
http://www.lmstephenson.com/

http://www.myspace.com/lmstephenson

http://aprescriptionforlove.blogspot.com/

No comments: